Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Children, HIV and AIDS: Regional snapshot - Middle East and North Africa (December 2018)
- Simulation exercise puts global pandemic readiness to the test
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 November 2018
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
The head of a task force for Southern Sudan Refugees in Egypt has deplored conditions among some 5,000 South Sudan refugees living in Cairo, following the recent anti-government protests there.
Kour Mac Choul told Radio Miraya that condition of southern Sudanese in Cairo were alarming, and they were in need of urgent humanitarian help.
"Thousands of them are suffering out there," Choul bemoaned. "We need them to come back to Sudan," he said, adding, "our power is the people.
The Government of Southern Sudan liaison officer in Egypt, John Chiek, has urged United Nations agencies and all international humanitarian organizations to assist in providing logistics and settlement for refugees who are intending to return to Southern Sudan. Speaking to Miraya FM, Chiek said the Southern Sudanese refugees in Egypt are lacking proper education and health services.
Chiek said over forty thousand Sudanese refugees are ready to be repatriated from Egypt to Southern Sudan to participate in the forthcoming elections.