Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
Amber Webb argues that in the debate over the labels given to the millions fleeing conflict an important voice is not being heard – the people themselves.
September 7 2015: In May 2015, a forum to address women's security issues in the MENA region was held in Iraq. Ala Ali reflects on the discussions of the forum and its recommendations for strengthening women's rights in contexts of extremism.
May 1 2015: The conflict in Syria has seen huge numbers of people fleeing the violence. Amber Webb provides an overview of the situation they face as refugees, which depends on the country they arrive in.
The conflict in Syria has produced one of the worst humanitarian crises in nearly two decades. The flow of refugees escaping violence has been unrelenting, and neighbouring countries are now buckling under its impact. Regional stability is deteriorating, and refugees and host countries alike are suffering from the burden of conflict.