Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
More than 300 million people rely on the waters of the River Nile.
The Nile river basin contains over 10 per cent of Africa’s landmass, in 11 countries: Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Egypt, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea and Kenya. Many of these countries rely almost exclusively on the Nile as their source of freshwater.