Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
University of Birmingham
02. 03. 2017
What does the literature indicate about the current conflict dynamics in the Sinai region of Egypt, including key actors, proximate and structural causes, dynamics and triggers, and opportunities for peace and institutional resilience?
Anna Louise Strachan
27. 02. 2017
What does the literature indicate about the current conflict dynamics in Egypt (excluding the Sinai Peninsula1 ), including key actors, proximate and structural causes, dynamics and triggers, and opportunities for peace and institutional resilience?
Anna Louise Strachan 10. 02. 2017
What is the evidence base on cross-border conflict drivers/breaks that exist across Sudan, Egypt, and Jordan?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of migration programming that has taken place / is underway in north and sub-Saharan Africa? Specifically, in areas such as livelihoods support, protection of migrants, border security and support for resettlement and voluntary return?
By Anna Louise Strachan
Sudan is a source, transit, and destination country for migrants. Sudanese migrants are a mixed group of refugees and asylum seekers, economic migrants and, to a lesser extent, foreign students. The majority are men aged 25–40, and they come from a wide range of socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
What is the evidence on the drivers of irregular migration from and through North African countries?
Border insecurity in North Africa: What does the literature say about border insecurity across North Africa (Morocco, Mauritania, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya (Mahgreb); Egypt, Sudan and Western Sahara)?