Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
- Climate risk profile: Egypt - Fact Sheet
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
Coalition of 36 international aid agencies calls on global donors to respond
International aid agencies working in six countries to help people affected by the Syrian crisis today calls on the international community to dig deep and be generous in responding to the UN’s new Syria and refugee appeals.
AKRON, Pa. – Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) continues to support its church partners in Egypt with their development projects and health and educational programs, in spite of being hampered by political violence, some of it directed at Christians.
Violence in Egypt escalated on Aug. 14 when Egypt’s armed forces violently cleared sit-ins by supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi. Hundreds of protestors were among more than 500 people killed that day, according to numerous media reports.
WINNIPEG, Man. - All Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) international workers moved from Egypt during the recent turmoil are returning to their work placements in Egypt.
The decision to send 13 MCC international staff, including two children, back to Egypt was made in consultation with MCC partner organizations in Egypt who have assured MCC that life is returning to normal following President Hosni Mubarak's resignation Feb.