Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
On the eve of a key meeting of donor counties, a coalition of six international humanitarian agencies has warned that the UN’s record $1.5 billion Syria humanitarian appeal remains only 3% funded, and some of the world’s richest countries have failed to provide sufficient support.
Almost a quarter of the world’s GDP is concentrated in 6 countries: Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, Russia and Mexico. However these countries are failing the people of Syria with contributions considerably lower than other countries with comparable wealth (see tables below).