Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
Three wishes for the London donor conference on Syria
A month before the world marks the 5th anniversary of the start of the war in Syria the international community will meet in London on 5 February for a high level donor conference to address the humanitarian needs of those affected by the conflict.
This includes 13.5 million vulnerable and displaced people inside Syria, and the 4.2 million Syrian refugees in neighbouring countries.
Coalition of 36 international aid agencies calls on global donors to respond
International aid agencies working in six countries to help people affected by the Syrian crisis today calls on the international community to dig deep and be generous in responding to the UN’s new Syria and refugee appeals.
WASHINGTON - Handicap International has deployed two specialized emergency response teams to Tunisia and Egypt to assist the tens of thousands of people fleeing the fighting in Libya.
Handicap International has sent an emergency response team to Ras Ajdir on the Tunisian side of the border with Libya. Bertrand Effantin, Handicap International's Coordinator in Tunisia, explains:
"The people who have crossed the border are tired, visibly affected by the very trying times they have been through, and are disorientated.