Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
- Climate risk profile: Egypt - Fact Sheet
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
Coalition of 36 international aid agencies calls on global donors to respond
International aid agencies working in six countries to help people affected by the Syrian crisis today calls on the international community to dig deep and be generous in responding to the UN’s new Syria and refugee appeals.
The various conflicts in East Africa and the Middle East continue to lead to a massive influx of refugees. By January 2012, over 44,000 people had found refuge in Egypt, in particular in Cairo. These displaced persons mainly come from Sudan, Iraq, Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia. The great majority, including the children, had suffered problematic experiences in their home countries (bombing, violent loss of family members, destruction of their homes, amongst other things). They are therefore more inclined to develop mental pathologies which can lead to suicide or insanity.
700'000 Palestiniens de la bande de Gaza en Egypte
Terre des hommes - aide à l'enfance (Tdh) charge son délégué au Caire d'une mission à Rafah, pour clarifier les besoins des Palestiniens qui ont quitté la bande de Gaza pour s'approvisionner en Egypte. Tdh poursuit parallèlement son aide sanitaire et nutritionnelle aux mères et aux enfants des territoires occupés palestiniens.