Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 November 2018
- Children, HIV and AIDS: Regional snapshot - Middle East and North Africa (December 2018)
- Simulation exercise puts global pandemic readiness to the test
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.
Syrian Arab Republic: Armed conflict is causing large scale displacement and severely affecting people's safety and livelihoods.
Libya: Residual humanitarian needs mainly relate to internal displacement. The most vulnerable are those living in IDP settlements and camps, which are located in Tripoli, Benghazi and in the surrounds of Sirte, Misrata, Tarhouna and Dirj.
Iraq: Insecurity and protracted displacement continues to create significant humanitarian needs for many Iraqis.