Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
“I commend Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi’s decision to maintain the opening of Rafah Crossing between Gaza and Egypt, in both directions, throughout the holy month of Ramadan.
This is an important and encouraging step by Egypt and I hope that the security situation will allow for a more regular movement. Not only will Rafah’s extended opening contribute to de-escalating the explosive atmosphere in the Strip, it will also help ease the humanitarian burden on Palestinians in Gaza.”
Members of the Security Council,
Today’s briefing is taking place as important developments unfold to end the more than ten-year long Palestinian divide and return Gaza to the full control of the legitimate Palestinian Authority.
Last month when Hamas dissolved the Administrative Committee, a parallel institution to run governmental affairs in Gaza, it agreed that the Palestinian Government of National Consensus should assume its responsibilities in the Strip.