Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP celebrates 50 years of Egypt with launch of knowledge-sharing partnership with government
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (11 December 2018)
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 November 2018
- Children, HIV and AIDS: Regional snapshot - Middle East and North Africa (December 2018)
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
CAIRO — Upon hearing Mazin al-Belkhi’s Syrian accent, a Cairo taxi driver swerved to a halt last week and kicked him out of the cab. Last month, the hospital where Majda and other Syrians work cut their salaries by more than half.
A day after the U.N. General Assembly voted to grant Palestinians limited recognition of statehood, Israel authorized the construction of 3,000 homes in Jewish settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, prompting swift condemnation from Palestinians.
Read the full report on the Washington Post.