Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (11 December 2018)
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 November 2018
- Children, HIV and AIDS: Regional snapshot - Middle East and North Africa (December 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
Tunisia- Jawdat Al Muhtasib from Hebron (Southern West Bank) and Walid Abou el Hayja from Jenin (Northern West Bank) crossed hundreds of kilometers from Palestine to the Tunisian-Libyan borders to provide humanitarian assistance to refugees and displaced persons in that area.
The Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) is an officially-recognized national society enjoying an independent moral entity and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It exercises its activities in Palestine and within Palestinian communities in the Diaspora, in accordance with the Geneva Conventions and the seven Red Cross and Red Crescent principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
PRCS was founded on 26 December 1968.
(Cairo- 12.10.2010): The Palestine Red Crescent Society and the Embassy of Japan in Cairo signed an agreement for the improvement of the medical equipment in Palestine Hospital, which belongs to PRCS in Cairo, aiming at enhancing the services provided.
Mr. Tareq Arafat, Secretary General of PRCS branch in Egypt, signed the agreement on behalf of PRCS, while his Excellency Mr. Norihiro Okuda, the Japanese ambassador, represented Japan. Mr.