Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
The war in Syria has created the largest displacement crisis in the world. Almost 12 million people have fled their homes since the war began seven years ago.
Over 6 million are displaced in Syria, with a further 5.5 million having fled the country.
Most of the refugees are living in neighbouring Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan.
Turkey hosts over 2.9 million Syrians. There are more than 1 million Syrians in Lebanon and 660,000 in Jordan.
Iraq has also seen a growing number of Syrians arriving, hosting more than 241,000, while 122,000 are in Egypt.