Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
A marriage between the only two civilian high-power computing centres in Africa should help improve disaster response times and track epidemics using satellite data.
The one partner is the Centre for High Performance Computing, based at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research's Meraka Institute in Cape Town.
Musa Hattar | Amman, Jordan
Iraq warned of a humanitarian crisis on Thursday as it appealed to the international community to help countries hosting hundreds of thousands of Iraqis uprooted by war.
"The Iraqi government calls on the international community, in particular neighbouring countries, to support Iraq to overcome this difficult stage," said Mohammed al-Hajj al-Hmud, secretary general of Iraq's Foreign Ministry.
"It's their duty to provide all assistance to displaced Iraqis, ease their suffering and help them find a solution to their problem," …