Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
Egyptian state news agency Mena says Egypt is to open the Rafah border crossing into Gaza permanently to most Palestinians from May 27.
The agency said the only crossing into Gaza that bypasses Israel will be opened from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day except Fridays and holidays.
Mena reported that all Palestinian women as well as men under 18 or over 40 will be exempted from visas.
It said the move by Egypt's transitional military government was part of efforts "to end the status of the Palestinian division and achieve national reconciliation."