Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
Egypt provided an urgent aid of two ton medicines to Congo Brazzaville to help them face the aftermath of the blasts that hit the capital Brazzaville last week, leaving a large number of victims.
EGYPT - FLOODS DUE TO CANAL COLLAPSE
SITUATION REPORT NO. 1
31 DECEMBER 1991
1. FOLLOWING COLLAPSE OF MAIN IRRIGATION CANAL AT NOUBARIAH, NEAR ALEXANDRIA, EARLY DECEMBER, FLOODS OCCURRED IN NEARBY VILLAGES AFFECTING SEVERAL THOUSAND PEOPLE AND CAUSING DESTRUCTION OF HOUSES. REASON FOR COLLAPSE IS YET DETERMINED.
2. LOCAL AUTHORITIES MOVED HOMELESS TO TEMPORARY SHELTER AND ATTENDING TO THEIR IMMEDIATE NEEDS.