Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 November 2018
- Children, HIV and AIDS: Regional snapshot - Middle East and North Africa (December 2018)
- Simulation exercise puts global pandemic readiness to the test
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
2014 Annual Narrative Report of IASC Gender Standby Capacity Project
Alors que des soldats de la paix, des fonctionnaires de police, des entrepreneurs du secteur privé et d’autres membres de la communauté internationale étaient déployés en Bosnie-Herzégovine et au Kosovo sous administration des Nations Unies (résolution 1244 du Conseil de sécurité) pendant les guerres qui ont sévi dans les Balkans occidentaux de 1992 à 1999, la prostitution, qui était un commerce local à petite échelle entre les mains de réseaux criminels organisés, est devenue une industrie florissante.
This paper provides an overview of labour force and unemployment trends in the governorates of Amman, Irbid, and Mafraq (referred to as the “study governorates” in the text) during the period of January 2010 and April 2014. The analyses are based entirely on data from the Employment and Unemployment Survey (EUS) provided by the Department of Statistics (DoS).
1,360 refugees have been provided with legal counseling and assistance since the beginning of 2015
Counselling and Detention
In the refugee camps in Jordan and Iraq, 3RP WASH partners continued to carry out considerable work to reduce costs through transition from emergency mechanisms to more cost-effective service delivery.
In Iraq, the total shelter capacity of the ten refugee camps is 19,120 shelter units. Of these, 16,003 (83 per cent) were improved (provided with a concrete slab, kitchen, family latrine, and shower) of which 14,540 are occupied. Around 69,000 refugees are now benefiting from improved shelters in the camps. A total of 2,046 new shelter units have been constructed during 2015.
In December, the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Jordan confirmed that 145,458 Syrian students had access to formal education in schools in camp and host community settings for the 2015/2016 academic year. For the first time, this data was compiled and analysed through the Education Management Information System (EMIS), which 3RP partners supported through the provision of laptops in the camp schools.
In Turkey, the food security sector continues to provide support to Syrian refugees in eleven camps, with monthly transfers to beneficiaries amounting to USD 3 million. In December, 3RP partners reached approximately 264,448 beneficiaries, bringing the total number of persons receiving food assistance to 774,914 and exceeding the planned end-of-year target by 25 per cent.
These dashboards reflect the humanitarian and resilience responses of more than 200 partners, including governments, UN Agencies, and NGOs, involved in the 3RP response in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Achievements are cumulative from the start of 2015, while targets are based on full funding of the 3RP and an expected 4.27 million refugees by end-2015.
USD 940,534 were injected into local economy through vouchers/ e-cards in DECEMBER 2015
• The distributions and e-voucher uploads took place from 21 to 28 December 2015, in six governorates (Obour, 6th of October, Alexandria, Marsa Matrouh, Mansoura, and Damietta), targeting 62,034 beneficiaries (2,891 Syrian Palestinian and 59,143 Syrian Refugees). Distribution reached 61,362 beneficiaries (2,878 Syrian Palestinian and 58,484 Syrian Refugees), reaching 99% of the target.
94,817acute/chronic Primary Health Care consultations for girls, women, boys and men since the beginning of 2015
The delivery of diagnostic medical equipment for 20 Ministry of Health primary health facilities and Ministry of Health (MOH) directorates’ administrative offices was completed in Cairo, Alexandria, Damietta and other remote border Governorates namely Marsa Matrouh and the Red Sea.
More than 9,684,355 USD injected into the local economy through the monetization of assistance since the beginning of 2015
A total of 31,291 vulnerable Syrian refugees were assisted in Egypt through the provision of monthly cash grants.