Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ECHO Factsheet – Egypt – October 2018
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
- Climate risk profile: Egypt - Fact Sheet
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
Kris Janowski - Media Relations
Appeal Target: CHF 3,114,758
The seemingly interminable cycle of violence in Palestine and Israel, and UN sanctions in Iraq, were major causes for increased humanitarian concerns in this volatile region. The complex nature of the regional political context was a daunting challenge, yet at the same time an opportunity for the Federation and the national societies to constantly adapt their programmes to address both capacity building and immediate operational needs.
Objectives, Achievements and Constraints
This Annual Report is intended for reporting on the Federation's Annual Appeals only.
Appeal Target: CHF 1,007,000
But Experts warn opportunity to stamp out disease must be grasped now due to unstable global situation
NAIROBI, 23 January (IRIN) - Health officials have expressed concern over the high rates of bilharzia - a waterborne parasite that attacks the liver, lungs and eyes of humans - among children living around the vital regional water resource of Lake Victoria.
NORTH AFRICA REGIONAL PROGRAMMES
Appeal Target CHF 1,007,000
Period covered: July - December 2001
Last Programme Update issued 12/9/01
"At a Glance"
Outstanding needs: CHF 543,068