Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
During the first nine months of 2018, just under 25,100 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement' to 19 countries in Europe.2 This is 24% less than the same period in 2017, but already two-thirds more than the average rate of 15,400 submissions per year during the previous 10 years.
General situation during October 2018 Forecast until mid-Dececember 2018
The Desert Locust situation continued to remain calm during October
Although seasonal rains ended in the northern Sahel between Mauritania and Sudan and vegetation was drying out, a second generation of breeding took place in Chad and small-scale breeding occurred in norther Niger and southern Algeria.
No NGO rescue boats currently in central Mediterranean, agencies warn
Roudabeh Kishi and Melissa Pavlik
Sessions at the Tableau Conference (#TC18) presented ideas around new data visualization schemes to portray trends and patterns in novel ways. The dashboards below highlight a few of these data visualization ideas using ACLED data from across regions.
Egypt is a destination country along the central Mediterranean refugee route with people arriving from both the Middle East and east Africa. A growing population of concern is stranded in the most overcrowded and poorest neighbourhoods of its largest cities such as Cairo and Alexandria as a result of an upward trend of new arrivals and tightened control measures aimed at curbing irregular outflows towards Europe.
This dashboard summarizes the progress made by partners involved in the Lebanon Crisis Response and highlights trends affecting people in need. The Protection Sector in Lebanon aims to achieve the following results: OUTCOME 1: Persons displaced from Syria have their basic rights (incl.
"Access to education is a fundamental human right. It is essential to the acquisition of knowledge and to the full development of the human personality, as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states. More than that, education makes us more resilient and independent individuals."
Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
Situation générale en septembre 2018
Prévision jusqu'à mi-novembre 2018
RÉGION OCCIDENTALE: CALME
SITUATION. Une reproduction à petite échelle était en cours en Mauritanie, au Niger et au Tchad, et probablement aussi dans le nord du Mali. Une reproduction locale s'est poursuivie dans le centre de l'Algérie où des opérations de lutte limitées ont été réalisées.
By Volker Türk | 04 October 2018
Mr Chairperson, distinguished delegates, ladies and gentlemen,
The 21th round of data collection took place in July and August 2018. During this round a revised version of the data collection methodology was used to capture additional information on the needs and challenges migrants are facing.
DTM identified there to be at least 669,176 migrants in Libya. Migrants were identified in all baladiyas, within 554 communities and originated from more than 41 countries.
- Morocco launches anti-smuggling operation
- Armed Clashes in Tripoli Take Heavy Toll on Migrants
- EU says it won’t reply to Italy’s ‘threats’ over migrants
- Rescue vessel Aquarius allowed to dock in Malta
- EU to support Spain, Morocco on migration
- Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
- Algeria to host 2nd international Conference on irregular migration
- Sudan to develop national anti-trafficking strategy
• Since July 2013, the jurisdiction of Egypt’s military has further expanded and military officers may arrest non-citizens for immigration reasons, placing them before military tribunals that do not meet international fair trial standards.
• Detention facilities—which include police stations, border guard stations, and prisons—are often overcrowded and lack basic detention conditions.
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 81,207 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea in 2018 through 26 September, with 35,859 to Spain – an increase of 600 to this destination since IOM’s last report on 23 September.
The region’s total arrivals through the recent weekend compare with 134,614 arrivals across the region through the same period last year, and 302,803 at a similar point in 2016.
Our analysis shows that millions of ‘people caught in crisis’ - people living in conflict, and/or who are displaced within their own countries or across borders – are in fact being left behind. Failure to take action now means that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will not be met, undermining the credibility of the international community and leaving millions to die unnecessarily.