- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Points de suivi des flux de populations Djibouti - Tableau de Bord - Période 1 - 30 Septembre 2018
- Secretary-General Hails Meeting of Eritrea, Djibouti Presidents, Hoping it Proves New Step towards Consolidating Peace, Security Gains in Region
- Cleaning up after cyclone in Djibouti
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
This is the first consolidated presentation of the reported results of CERF funding, covering a full year of CERF allocations. As such, it serves as a pilot and will inform future CERF results reporting. This report was compiled on the basis of information provided by Resident Coordinators/Humanitarian Coordinators (RC/ HCs) and Humanitarian Country Teams (HCTs) in 66 consolidated reports covering the results of more than 450 CERF-funded projects.
AMOUNT: EUR 94 000 000
0. MAJOR CHANGE SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE HIP
In Somalia, the humanitarian situation today shows many parallels to the period ahead of the devastating 2011 drought that triggered a declaration of famine, which caused the excess deaths of 258 000 people the majority of them being children under five.
Snapshot 9–15 July
oPT: 178 Palestinians have been killed since the launch of Israel’s Operation Protective Edge on 8 July. Around 17,000 people have sought shelter in UNRWA schools. Rockets from Syria and Lebanon have hit the north of Israel, raising fears of the conflict spreading.
Democratic Republic of Congo: More than 30,000 people are estimated to have been displaced in North Kivu, South Kivu, and Katanga in June, due to FARDC military operations and fighting between armed groups.
Over 240,000 people affected by flooding in eastern Africa
70 people killed by intercommunal clashes in Kenya
Ebola outbreak under control in Uganda as a new strain kills 11 people in DRC
Over 600,000 people have been displaced by fighting in DRC since January
A sixth camp in Dollo Ado, Ethiopia has been endorsed by the government
The flow of refugees and migrants from the Horn of Africa towards Yemen exceeds previous records
In this issue
This report covers the period 01 January to 31 December 2010.