- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Points de suivi des flux de populations Djibouti - Tableau de Bord - Période 1 - 31 octobre 2018
2 nd meeting of the LLF Impact Committee in Riyadh approves major pipeline of $242.6 million in development projects for 2017
Representatives from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, and the Islamic Development Bank agree on project pipeline to lift poorest OIC countries out of poverty
Projects approved in Tajikistan, Sudan, Djibouti, Niger, Mauritania, Cameroon, Uganda, and Guinea
Vienna, Austria, March 11, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 150th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to US$201m will support the following projects:
Jeddah, 13.09.2012 – At its 285th meeting that started last Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) chaired by HE Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved around US$ 425 million to finance development projects in member countries and for Muslim communities in non-member countries.
JEDDAH, KSA, 17.07.2012 –The 284th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank, which convened at IDB headquarters starting Sunday 16 July, under the chairmanship of Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved more than US$ 1,158 million towards development projects financing for IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries. This is the largest amount of approvals by a single IDB Board meeting since the Bank’s inception in 1975.
The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 135th Session, has approved over US$56 million in loans and US$6 million in grants to address Africa’s needs. The funds will be allocated to the energy, transportation, agriculture, health and financial sectors.
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.
This map illustrates the total August rainfall accumulation for East Africa, derived from the CMORPH precipitation dataset at a spatial resolution of approximately 10km for this region, and was calculated using microwave and infrared data from geostationary satellites. It is possible that precipitation levels may have been underestimated for local areas, and is not a substitute for ground station measurements.