- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti Works to Assist Street Children, Beginning With a Study on Their Needs: IOM Report
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
Issued on Wednesday, 16th May 2018 at 0130 local time.
A Tropical Cyclone is expected to develop at the eastern end of the Gulf of Aden in the next 24 hours (See Figure 1). This is forecast to track westwards along the Gulf and bring exceptionally high rainfall totals to a usually very arid region.
Effective and cooperative action to secure long-term food security and improved nutrition in developing countries is a priority shared by all Commonwealth countries, as reflected in the Perth Declaration on Food Security Principles. The humanitarian crisis now affecting the Horn of Africa is a tragic reminder of the chronic food insecurity that afflicts many parts of that continent.