- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Secretary-General Hails Meeting of Eritrea, Djibouti Presidents, Hoping it Proves New Step towards Consolidating Peace, Security Gains in Region
- Cleaning up after cyclone in Djibouti
- Le Secrétaire général se félicite de la réunion entre les Présidents de Djibouti et de l’Érythrée
- OCHA Flash Update #1 Tropical Cyclone Sagar impacts Djibouti | 20 May 2018
- UNICEF Djibouti Humanitarian Situation Report, June 2018
September 26, 2015 (KHARTOUM) - An Egyptian security official Saturday said the authorities rescued 174 illegal immigrants, mostly Sudanese as they were heading to Europe on a boat, 47 nautical miles north west of Mersa Matruh.
Egypt’s al-Youm al-Sabi’i daily newspaper quoted the director of security in Mersa Matruh, Maj. Gen. Hashim Lutfi, as saying that the rescued immigrants include 23 Egyptians and 151 from nine other countries.
By Tesfa-Alem Tekle
February 7, 2011 (ADDIS ABABA) - An Ethiopian rebel group, the Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) says Ogaden nationals living as refugees in neighboring Djibouti are facing deportation in what it said was under a "Gestapo style operation" - a reference to the official secret police of Nazi Germany.
In a statement, the rebel group on Saturday accused the Djiboutian government and Ethiopian security forces, of jointly launching the operation, which according to the group resulted in the arrest and extraordinary rendition to Ethiopia of nearly one …