- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti Works to Assist Street Children, Beginning With a Study on Their Needs: IOM Report
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
September 26, 2015 (KHARTOUM) - An Egyptian security official Saturday said the authorities rescued 174 illegal immigrants, mostly Sudanese as they were heading to Europe on a boat, 47 nautical miles north west of Mersa Matruh.
Egypt’s al-Youm al-Sabi’i daily newspaper quoted the director of security in Mersa Matruh, Maj. Gen. Hashim Lutfi, as saying that the rescued immigrants include 23 Egyptians and 151 from nine other countries.
By Tesfa-Alem Tekle
February 7, 2011 (ADDIS ABABA) - An Ethiopian rebel group, the Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) says Ogaden nationals living as refugees in neighboring Djibouti are facing deportation in what it said was under a "Gestapo style operation" - a reference to the official secret police of Nazi Germany.
In a statement, the rebel group on Saturday accused the Djiboutian government and Ethiopian security forces, of jointly launching the operation, which according to the group resulted in the arrest and extraordinary rendition to Ethiopia of nearly one …