- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti Works to Assist Street Children, Beginning With a Study on Their Needs: IOM Report
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
A UAE ship loaded with relief will set sail for the Horn of Africa in the coming few days as part of a campaign to aid drought-hit populations in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. Secretary General of the UAE Red Crescent Society (RCS) Sana Al Kitbi said the ship would carry 500 tonnes of various relief supplies from food to blankets and tents.
The Zayed Foundation for Charitable and Humanitarian Works has allocated Dh 26 million for the relief campaign in the drought-hit countries in the Horn of Africa.
Acting upon instructions by President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and follow up of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the Foundation will use these funds to drill water wells in a number of Eastern African countries of Djibouti, Tanzania and Ethiopia whose some regions were affected by drought due to short of rains.
The UAE Red Crescent Society (RCS) launched yesterday a relief campaign to help famine victims in the African Horn. Relief supplies will be distributed in drought-and-famine struck countries under instructions form President H.H.