- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti Works to Assist Street Children, Beginning With a Study on Their Needs: IOM Report
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
Up to 750,000 people face death from hunger in East Africa. Millions more are at risk across the region in the worst food crisis of the 21st century. They will have to bear a legacy of poverty, suffering, and the loss of their livelihoods. Urgent action is needed right now.
But the truth is that this crisis was predicted – and preventable: we already have the knowledge to stop this kind of tragedy from unfolding; we know the steps that must be taken to prevent suffering on this scale.
Director of Global Communications
June 30, 2011 - Los Angeles, Calif - Severe droughts in the Horn of Africa brought on by consecutive dry rainy seasons, have inflicted wide scale crop failure and food insecurity on already resource-poor communities struggling to survive in the region. International Medical Corps is preparing for an emerging humanitarian crisis in refugee camps in the Somali Region of Ethiopia.