- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti Works to Assist Street Children, Beginning With a Study on Their Needs: IOM Report
- A Life and Death Struggle Transiting Through the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization activity to protect children against polio amid outbreaks
By: Felix Njoku
Tunis, 6 April 2009-The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group has approved emergency humanitarian assistance grants of US$ 500,000 each to Djibouti, Mozambique, Togo and Zambia, to enable the countries provide immediate relief to victims of recent natural disasters such as floods and drought.
Djibouti will use the assistance to provide food and other support to 55,000 drought victims in five districts (Arta, Ali Sabieh, Dikhil, Tadjourah and Obock.) as well as 6,000 people at the country's Ali Addeh refugee camp.
The grant will be used …
Update of CPC Seasonal Outlooks at Four-Months Lead: December 2006 – February 2007 Forecasts
There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall over portions of eastern and central South Africa, and, locally, over northern and southwestern Angola. There is a low to moderate tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall across northern Mozambique, and the southern half of Malawi.