- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Horn of Africa Crisis: 2011-2012
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 2004
- Djibouti: Toxic Pollution - Mar 2002
- Djibouti: Drought - Aug 1999
- Djibouti: Drought - Jul 1996
- Djibouti: Floods - Nov 1994
- Djibouti: Floods - Apr 1989
- Djibouti: Drought - Feb 1988
Most read reports
- Djibouti carries out mass immunization to protect children against polio, amid outbreaks in the Horn of Africa
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, October 2018
- La 811ème réunion du Conseil de paix et de sécurité de l'UA sur les activités du Groupe de mise en œuvre de haut niveau de l'Union africaine (AUHIP) pour le Soudan, le Soudan du Sud et la Corne de l’Afrique
- Points de suivi des flux de populations Djibouti - Tableau de Bord - Période 1 - 31 octobre 2018
- WFP Djibouti Country Brief, September 2018
Five actual or potential conflict situations around the world deteriorated in June 2008 and three improved, according to the new issue of the International Crisis Group's monthly bulletin CrisisWatch, released today.
In Zimbabwe, state-sponsored violence further escalated ahead of the 27 June presidential run-off vote, as the Mugabe regime continued its brutal crackdown to secure victory. Opposition MDC leader Morgan Tsvangirai was detained five times over the month, opposition campaigning was repressed and the polling day itself marked by widespread voter intimidation.
The United Nations agency that is feeding 73 million people caught up in crises around the world this year is appealing for funding to close a $500 million gap caused by a global spike in food and fuel prices.
'We urge your Government to act quickly on this request so that we may avoid cutting the rations for those who rely on the world to stand by them during times of abject need,' Josette Sheeran, Executive Director of the World Food Programme (WFP), said in a letter to donors send out on 20 March.
The price of food and fuel has risen to record levels in recent years, …