- OCHA Colombia Boletín Humanitario Mensual - Número 63| Agosto 2017
- OCHA Colombia Factsheet - Situación humanitaria en Riosucio (Chocó) Septiembre de 2017
- Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Mission in Colombia (S/2017/801) EN/SP
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Plan de Respuesta Humanitaria 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Latin America and the Caribbean
- Informe Periódico de Monitoreo - Plan de Respuesta Humanitaria 2016 - Colombia
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Prosperidad Social
- WFP VAM Colombia
- OACNUDH Colombia
- Consultoría para los derechos humanos y el desplazamiento
- Human Rights Watch: Colombia - Events of 2016
- Servicio Geológico Colombiano: Observatorios vulcanológicos
- Google Respuesta a Crisis Colombiana
- Food Security Cluster: Colombia
- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Colombia: Mudslides - Mar 2017
- Brazil: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2017
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Otto - Nov 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Colombia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2015
Recommendations for the Security Council and Member States On October 31, 2017, the UN Security Council will hold an Open Debate on Children and Armed Conflict (CAC), to take place under France’s Presidency. At the Debate, the Secretary-General (SG) will present his annual report on CAC (A/72/361–S/2017/821) pursuant to SCR 2225 (2015), covering the period from January 1 to December 31, 2016.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Guerra y hambre
Las guerras disparan hambre.
Por primera vez en 20 años el hambre vuelve a aumentar. Detrás de esta ruptura en la tendencia positiva está la mano del hombre. Concretamente la mano que dispara armas y hambre en más de 40 países. Seis de cada 10 personas con hambre en el mundo viven en zonas de conflicto. Y la amplia mayoría de niños y niñas desnutridos (122 de 155 millones) lo están por la guerra.
Violent conflict can arise from a wide variety of socio-political problems, and to build sustainable peace it is essential that all levels of a society come together in resolving them. Unfortunately however, protracted conflicts, violence, marginalization and exclusion all erode bonds of trust and deepen social divisions, meaning that very often, local communities, civil society and political elites seek to address these challenges independently of each other.
Les États Membres entre la nécessité de « réapprendre la complexité du dialogue » ou « agir par soi-même sans attendre l’appui de bureaucraties »
1. Le présent rapport, qui couvre la période allant d’août 2015 à juillet 2017, est soumis en application de la résolution 70/80 de l’Assemblée générale, dans laquelle l’Assemblée a prié le Secrétaire général de lui présenter un rapport sur l’application de cette résolution, y compris sur les politiques adoptées et les activités menées par le système des Nations Unies dans ce domaine.
1. The present report, covering the period from August 2015 to July 2017, is submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 70/80, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of that resolution, including on relevant United Nations policies and activities.
Ethiopia has the presidency in September. A visiting mission to Addis Ababa is planned in early September for the 11th annual consultative meeting between members of the UN Security Council and members of the AU Peace and Security Council (PSC). Immediately after the visit there will be a briefing on the visiting mission. A briefing on the report of the Secretary-General on strengthening the partnership between the UN and the AU by UN Special Representative to the AU Haile Menkerios is also expected in September.
Who do you trust when you cannot trust anyone?
Scott M. Weber
When a natural disaster strikes, such as a flood or an earthquake, it is heartening to see how ordinary people come to each other’s aid and collectively rebuild what they have lost. Those social bonds represent the best of humanity and the most essential values – solidarity, respect, dignity and selflessness – that we want to see underpin our societies.
Progress Achieved to Protect Children in Past 20-Years Threaten by Ongoing Crisis - UN Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict Annual Report to General Assembly
Attacks on Schools and Denial of Humanitarian Access Particularly Worrisome in 2016
By Pradeep Kurukulasuriya, Head of Climate Change Adaptation, UNDP
Since its inception, the Adaptation Fund has provided critical support for climate resilient development strategies across the globe. Working through agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), governments across the globe have accessed Adaptation Fund finance to reduce climate change risks and build more climate resilient nations.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly the joint report of the Special Rapporteur on the sale and sexual exploitation of children, including child prostitution, child pornography and other child sexual abuse material, Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, and the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/177 and Human Rights Council resolutions 34/16 and 35/5.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available from open sources. All decisions made on the basis of, or with consideration to, such information remains the responsibility of respective organisations.
Central African Republic
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.