Appeals & Response Plans
- Colombia: Floods - Apr 2018
- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Colombia: Mudslides - Mar 2017
- Brazil: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2017
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Otto - Nov 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- El 80% de los venezolanos en Colombia no tiene suficiente comida
- Consolidación de la paz, más cerca de lo que se podría creer
- Unidad para las Víctimas entrega ayuda humanitaria en Apartadó
- Jóvenes podrán invertir bien en su futuro gracias a reparación a víctimas
- UNHCR Global Report 2017: The Americas Regional Summaries
The world is reaching the crossroads where governments must decide which approach to take in order to control the increasingly globalised trade in conventional arms. If the current practice of allowing irresponsible transfers of military and security equipment and related items across borders is allowed to continue, millions more lives and livelihoods will be destroyed and the fundamental human rights of many more people will be seriously violated.
Human Rights Council
The Human Rights Council today continued its general debate on human rights situations that require the Council's attention, hearing from 33 non governmental organizations which alleged human rights violations in China, Sudan, Iran, Somalia, India, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, the Republic of Korea and Georgia among others.
Committee on the Rights of the Child
Geneva, 9 September 2008 - Ms. Radhika Coomaraswamy, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict, presents her report to the Human Rights Council today.
Human Rights Council
Concludes General Debate Welcoming New High Commissioner for Human Rights
The Human Rights Council this morning heard a presentation from the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for children and armed conflict after concluding its general debate with the new High Commissioner for Human Rights.