- OCHA: République du Congo : Département du Pool Rapport de situation (7 November 2017)
- USAID Food Assistance Factsheet - October 13, 2017
- WFP Republic of Congo Country Brief, August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Congo: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2013
- Congo: Floods - Nov 2012
- Congo: Munitions Depot Explosion - Mar 2012
- Congo River: Cholera Outbreak - May 2011
- Congo: Chikungunya and Measles Outbreak - May 2011
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Congo: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2007
- Congo: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2006
8125th Meeting (AM)
Nearly five years after parties signed the cooperation framework for the Great Lakes region, the Security Council reiterated today its call for States to abide by the commitment to non‑interference in the internal affairs of neighbours and the prohibition against abetting armed groups or war criminals.
At the beginning of 2017, progress continued towards each of the Endgame Plan’s four objectives. The world has never been closer to eradicating polio, with fewer cases in fewer areas of fewer countries than at any time in the past.
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
• IDPs in CAR increase by 50 percent since January, UN reports
• Relief actors record 13 aid worker and 14 peacekeeper deaths in CAR in 2017
• Relief actors in Bangassou suspend operations due to insecurity; nearly 500,000 people in need
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.
160,247 Total arrivals to Europe
150,895 Total arrivals to Europe by sea
9,352 Total arrivals to Europe by land
15,000 people displaced every day inside African countries, according to new IDMC report
IDMC's director calls on the development sector to join humanitarians in preventing and reducing internal displacement and finding long-term solutions for the millions of people affected
As the world focuses its attention on preventing irregular migration and protecting refugees coming out of Africa, the displacement that happens behind its own borders persists at an alarming rate.
ABIDJAN/DAKAR/NEW YORK/GENEVA, 5 December 2017 – More than four decades into the HIV epidemic, four in five children living with HIV in West and Central Africa are still not receiving life-saving antiretroviral therapy, and AIDS-related deaths among adolescents aged 15-19 are on the rise, according to a new report released today.
- Uganda is eligible for additional financing for public services to refugees and the communities that host them.
- A $50 million credit is aimed at improving their basic social services, economic opportunities, and environmental management.
- Other countries that collectively host 60% of the total number of the 4.1 million refugees living in IDA countries have also been found eligible.
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 48 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key ongoing events, including:
- Microcephaly in Angola
- Cholera in Zambia
- Dengue fever in Burkina Faso
- Humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Humanitarian crisis Nigeria
- Yellow fever in Nigeria
The Humanitarian Overview: An analysis of key crises into 2018 focuses primarily on the crises that are expected to deteriorate in the coming year and outlines the likely corresponding humanitarian needs.
Based on our weekly Global Emergency Overview (GEO), we have identified 12 countries that are likely to face deteriorating humanitarian situations in 2018. We include a further six countries where the crises are already severe and likely to continue in a similar trend.
MSF calls on Gavi to put children’s health at the centre of its funding model – not just economics
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 — 20 countries about to fall off Gavi funding ‘cliff,’ risking their ability to pay for life-saving vaccines for children long term