Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- MSF expands care as Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC
- DRC 2018 Ebola outbreaks: Crisis update - 19 November 2018
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 46: 10 - 16 November 2018 Data as reported by 17:00; 16 November 2018
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
27 June 2018: Joint statement by 26 international NGOs in Uganda on the need for urgent action to address gaps in funding for the refugee response.
This week trainings of the project “ACT for Humanitarian Capacity Development” take place at the global office of ICCO in Utrecht, the Netherlands. From 16th till 19th of August, 20 humanitarians from disaster prone countries receive training in how to deal with disasters and emergencies. In this way, communities will be better prepared to cope with disasters like the drought in Ethiopia, floods in Bangladesh and the earthquake in Nepal.
Better prepared for drought, floods and earthquakes
Lives can be saved if people in local communities know what to do before, during and after a disaster. This is why ACT Alliance starts with capacity training programs of local communities through an EU initiative.