Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- ECHO: ECHO announces more than €34 million for Great Lakes region. 18 Sep 2019
- WHO: World Health Organization to boost DR Congo health facility defences against Ebola. 6 Sep 2019
- USAID: USAID provides additional $21 million to contain Ebola outbreak in DR Congo. 4 Sep 2019
- UNFPA: Urgent support needed for violence-affected women and girls in DR Congo. 4 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Alarming number of Ebola deaths in DRC a ‘rallying cry’ to scale up treatment. 30 Aug 2019
Most read reports
- ECHO: Humanitarian aid: over €34 million in African Great Lakes region. 18 Sep 2019
- ECHO: Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (UN, national authorities, DG ECHO) (ECHO Daily Flash of 18 September 2019). 18 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: Congolese activist dedicates his life to fight for the displaced. 18 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: Burundi Regional Refugee Response Plan: 2019 Mid Year Report (1 January - 30 June 2019). 17 Sep 2019
- WHO: Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 59. 17 Sep 2019
In honor of World Refugee Day on Monday June 20, SnagFilms is showing “The Last Survivor.” This award-winning film follows survivors of four different mass atrocity crimes - Darfur, Rwanda, Congo, and the Holocaust.
By presenting these stories of loss, survival, and hope side by side, the film highlights the commonalities these individuals share both as Survivors and as human beings.
In the end, “The Last Survivor” is above all else an intimate meditation on how one begins to pick up the pieces of a broken life after experiencing such tragedy.