Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Millions of Congolese languish without aid - as the country heads towards elections
- UNHCR warns of massive shelter needs of DR Congo’s displaced
- DRC: UN Human Rights Chief calls for measures to prevent further violence ahead of crucial election
- WFP driver killed in Democratic Republic of Congo
- CERF allocates $10 million to support regional Ebola response in central Africa
At a recent workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, jointly organized by TDRP and DPKO, 40 participants discussed what national ownership meant in their efforts to disarm, demobilize and reintegrate (DDR) combatants.
Eleven African countries and Colombia were represented. Participants included current and former heads of DDR commissions, and representatives from civil society, donor countries and multilateral organizations.
Why promote national ownership?