Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Millions of Congolese languish without aid - as the country heads towards elections
- UNHCR warns of massive shelter needs of DR Congo’s displaced
- DRC: UN Human Rights Chief calls for measures to prevent further violence ahead of crucial election
- WFP driver killed in Democratic Republic of Congo
- CERF allocates $10 million to support regional Ebola response in central Africa
NAIROBI - Rising poverty, widespread insecurity and the weakness of medical systems of many African states have brought a fresh response from Red Cross and Red Crescent societies. With millions deprived of adequate services, a review of needs and priorities is underway to produce long term national strategies to improve health care for Africa.
May 28, 1999
by Boro Klan
It's up to Mr Laurent Kabila: he is now President while the man who amassed billions by impoverishing Zaire - Mobutu Sese Seko - is in exile, beaten and suffering from cancer. What lies ahead for this veteran rebel?
Laurent Kabila finally has a chance to prove to the world that he can do what he has been fighting for since the 1960s - provide sensible leadership in the vast Democratic Republic of Congo. His actions will be measured against the excesses of Mobutu Sese Seko's 32 year dictatorship in one of the poorest countries in the world.