Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
- DR Congo: Electoral Tensions High Amid Inter-communal Violence and Ebola Outbreak
- DR Congo: Ebola response resumes despite ‘risky environment’
Les membres du Conseil de sécurité s'apprêtent à visiter la région des Grands Lacs africains
The war in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has sent a wave of refugees into neighbouring Zambia. Their station is a small northern town of Kaputa and the locals are finding their number too big to cope with not to mention the security fears.
Lusaka - Hardly a week after Zambian authorities repatriated 70 Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) soldiers back to their country, another 76 arrived in Zambia along with hundreds of refugees fleeing the war-ravaged DRC.
By Victoria Brittain
Nairobi - Ever since President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda referred to child soldiers as 'cannon fodder' upon his ascendancy to power, the conscription of children into the Army has become a controversial issue in the region.
KINSHASA (AANA) March 12 - A "non-violent war" has been declared the Democratic Republic of Congo DRC by a group called Collective 16 February comprising Christian movements. The group has launched an appeal to the warring parties in various parts of the country.
DAR ES SALAAM (March 1) - Rebels of the Congolese Rally for Democracy RCD are reportedly stopping civilians from fleeing to Kigoma, western Tanzania.
Kampala - The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has registered 188,000 refugees in Uganda, country representative, Johannes Thoolen, has said.