Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 20 September 2018
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
- Top 5 things to know about the violence in the Kasai region
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- IOM DR Congo Migration Health Division: Ebola Response - North Kivu Situation Report 3 (01 -15 September 2018)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in collaboration with Ekimiks Nigeria Limited and L.A consult are organizing a 5-day agribusiness training for youth in Nigeria and other African countries under the framework of IITA Youth Agripreneurs (IYA).
The training is a follow up to the first phase of training on Agripreneurial and Business Management organized by Ekimiks Nigeria Limited for IITA Youth Agripreneurs (IYA) in 2015.
The African Cassava Agronomy Initiative (ACAI) project kicks-off today with plans to improve the livelihoods and incomes of cassava farmers in Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, and DR Congo by researching, and tapping into and implementing best-bet agronomic practices.
DR Congo explores areas of partnership with IITA
Senior Advisors in the office of the Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo (Drs John Ulimwengu and Kamwanga Masankisa) are in Nigeria exploring areas of partnership with IITA. The move is part of DR Congo’s efforts to transform its agricultural potential, create wealth, and jobs for the rapidly growing youth population.
The African Development Bank (AfDB), the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) launched the Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program Phase 1 (ATASP-1) on 6 March 2015 at IITA’s location in Abuja, Nigeria.
Nigeria and 19 other African countries will directly benefit from the African Development Bank- funded initiative known as the Support for Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops (SARD-SC), but the multiplier effect of the project is expected to affect other regional member countries in the continent.
Direct beneficiaries of the intervention include farmers in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has inaugurated its Central African hub with the commissioning of an official building in Kinshasa that will cover the west provinces of DR Congo and an office in Bukavu, in South-Kivu that will serve the entire Great Lakes subregion.