Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- DR Congo: Electoral Tensions High Amid Inter-communal Violence and Ebola Outbreak
- DR Congo: Ebola response resumes despite ‘risky environment’
Events of 22 March 2007
Late Morning - FARDC move forces up Avenue de 24e Novembre towards Bemba's residence.
1119 hrs - First small arm fire in the area of Bemba's residence, followed shortly by RPG fire.
1515-1600 hrs - Some MLC troops move east from Bemba's residence into the city centre along Avenue de Lcol Lukusa and Blvd de 30 Juin.
Mid Afternoon - MLC militiamen fires on UNDP compound in the Losonia Bldg, damaging two vehicles. The UNICEF compound is evacuated.