Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- African Union: Military Attachés Association briefed on the humanitarian situation in DR Congo
- Elections on Track in Democratic Republic of Congo Despite Ongoing Ebola Outbreak, Continued Attacks by Armed Groups, Special Representative Tells Security Council
- RD Congo - Nord-Kivu: Note d’informations humanitaires du 14/11/2018
Endorsed by: Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA); AVSI; BRAC; CARE; Danish Refugee Council (DRC); Finn Church Aid (FCA); Food for the Hungry; Humanity & Inclusion; Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC); Oxfam; Plan; Save the Children; VSO; War Child Holland; Windle International Uganda; World Vision; ZOA
The launch of Uganda's new Education Response Plan for Refugees and Host Communities (ERP) is an opportunity to ensure a better future for hundreds of thousands of children.
27 June 2018: Joint statement by 26 international NGOs in Uganda on the need for urgent action to address gaps in funding for the refugee response.
· El Nino is having a devastating impact on children in the Southern Africa region forcing them into early marriage, child labour and out of school, reveals a World Vision report released today
· The EU and its Member States urgently need to fund child protection programmes in the region
This regional inter-agency appeal aims at mobilizing the emergency response for the influx of refugees from the Central African Republic (CAR) since December 2013 to the Republics of Cameroon and Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Republic of Congo (RoC).
Immediate priorities to support the preservation of lives include the provision of food, individual and family protection, health and nutrition, water and sanitation and shelter.
Posted by Nora Fyles, Yona Nestel and Koli Banik
A call to action to promote gender equality in education
7 May 2013: No country should be left behind in ensuring gender equality in education, reflect UNGEI’s Nora Fyles, Plan’s Yona Nestel and the Global Partnership for Education’s Koli Banik, following the recent global education summit.