Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas
- DRC: MSF uses new medical approaches to contain Ebola outbreak
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 41: 6 - 12 October 2018 (Data as reported by 17:00; 12 October 2018)
- DR Congo: Upsurge in Killings in ‘Ebola Zone’
- MSF adapts to changing needs in Greater Kasai region
by Christina Parsons
The first container of 2016 destined for HEAL Africa’s Hospital in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo is being packed at Health Partners International of Canada’s distribution centre.
Along with the usual contents of medical and surgical supplies, HPIC will be providing four skids of essential medicines.
MONTREAL (Nov. 28, 2012) - With rebel groups and the army on the move in eastern Congo, HEAL Africa's Hospital in Goma is working over capacity in difficult conditions.
"The operating room is being run on a generator around the clock and there is a real need for more medical supplies," said Wes Robinson, emergency coordinator for Health Partners International of Canada.
The Democratic Republic of Congo in the heart of Africa has been at war, officially and unofficially, for the past 10 years.
In the northwestern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), most people who go to the doctor are on the brink of death.
"Every antibiotic treatment that is prescribed is literally saving a life," says Sheldon Gilmer.
Gilmer, who runs Help the Aged's program in DRC, came to HPIC's office recently to share some stories about the difference the donated medicine is making. HPIC has been partnering with Help the Aged since 2003 by providing medicines and supplies.