Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 20 September 2018
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Top 5 things to know about the violence in the Kasai region
- IOM DR Congo Migration Health Division: Ebola Response - North Kivu Situation Report 3 (01 -15 September 2018)
After going through unimaginable trauma, 200 orphaned girls now have a safe place to heal after OBI helped complete a new dorm at the Dina Center in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
In the continuing conflict in Eastern Congo, over 5 million have been killed, and the UN has declared the Congo war as the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
By: Staci Dennis
After being sexually abused by soldiers and watching with horror as friends and family were murdered before her eyes, Dina chose to look to the future.
In her honor, The Dina Center was named. The all girls' school was constructed for girls like Dina who experienced similar horrors.
Today, the school houses and cares for 64 girls between 3 and 17 years old.
"After having gone through the terror of having their families killed and then being raped, these children should have no reason to celebrate, but their lives have been transformed by …