Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- MSF expands care as Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- République Démocratique du Congo : Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire - octobre 2018 à mai 2019
- Kasai, DRC: MSF treats 2600 survivors of sexual violence between May 2017 and September 2018
Fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has escalated dramatically since August, forcing over 250,000 people to flee their homes in recent weeks. Renewed violence between is exacerbating suffering and increasing poverty and insecurity.
In addition to crowded refugee camps, thousands are "invisibly" displaced people who have found shelter with families that opened their homes to help the fleeing strangers. The caring strangers are now struggling to cope with the strain on their meager resources.
Although the Democratic Republic of Congo is no longer in the media spotlight, the country is currently facing a catastrophic post war humanitarian situation. Poverty and food insecurity are widespread as a result of the war. Adding to poverty among rural populations is the high prevalence of HIV exacerbated by the presence of various armed groups still terrorizing the population with rape and assault.