Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
- Plot, poison, or curse? Ebola rumours spread in Congo
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 20 September 2018
27 June 2018: Joint statement by 26 international NGOs in Uganda on the need for urgent action to address gaps in funding for the refugee response.
La lutte contre la malnutrition et la faim en République Démocratique du Congo (RDC) est un défi permanent auquel Action Contre la Faim et les instances nationales travaillent depuis plus de 10 ans. La mission d’Action Contre la Faim RDC possède une expertise basée sur les leçons tirées de sa longue expérience dans le pays. Elle met en œuvre son programme phare de réponse aux crises nutritionnelles avec son équipe et les instances nationales grâce au soutien d’UNICEF, de l’aide humanitaire de l’UE et de UKAid.
The fight against malnutrition and hunger in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is a challenge that Action Against Hunger has worked to address for close to ten years. The Action Against Hunger’s DRC nutrition emergency pool is the mission’s flagship and longest-running program, thanks to UKAid, EU Humanitarian Aid and UNICEF. The pool works in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and its division, PRONANUT, to confirm nutrition crisis alerts through rapidly deployed SMART surveys and respond to confirmed crisis through emergency intervention teams.
Clean water is a key tool in the fight against hunger
Every year on March 22, people around the globe celebrate World Water Day: an opportunity to spotlight and take meaningful action to tackle the solvable water problems that millions of people around the world experience each day.
Editor's note: This story was produced by Sven Ramones and Action Against Hunger staff in Democratic Republic of Congo.
Germaine was exhausted but relieved as she exited the St. Augustin health center. Her nine-year-old granddaughter, Constantine, was acutely malnourished and was admitted into Action Against Hunger’s emergency nutrition program to receive lifesaving treatment. The St. Augustin health center is one of 21 facilities supported by Action Against Hunger in Kahemba health district in Bandundu Province of western Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).