Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 20 September 2018
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
- Top 5 things to know about the violence in the Kasai region
- IOM DR Congo Migration Health Division: Ebola Response - North Kivu Situation Report 3 (01 -15 September 2018)
This report examines how and to what extent transitional justice approaches have engaged children and considered their needs and perspectives, analyzing the experience of truth-seeking mechanisms, criminal justice, reparations, and institutional reform. It is based on the distilled results of assessments in Colombia, the Ituri District of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Liberia, and Nepal.
The relationship between transitional justice and security system - or sector - reform (SSR) is understudied, yet both contribute to state-building, democratisation and peacebuilding in countries with a legacy of massive human rights abuse.
The human cost of the DRC's wars is immense. The massive extent of human rights violations (including widespread rape and sexual violence) committed since the 1990s in the DRC has been extensively documented, at great personal risk, by Congolese human rights defenders, civil society groups and religious organisations, as well as international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and agencies.
Deux ans après la tenue des premières élections en République démocratique du Congo (RDC) depuis l'accession du pays à l'indépendance, la RDC arrive à une croisée des chemins. Parmi les principaux défis auxquels le gouvernement est confronté se trouve celui de savoir comment adresser les violations massives des droits de l'homme qui ont été commises contre les citoyens dans un passé récent, afin de poser les jalons de la paix, de la sécurité, de l'état de droit et du respect futur des droits humains.
Two years after the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) held its first elections since independence,the country is at a crossroads. Among the key challenges facing the DRC today is the question of how the country will address the massive human rights atrocities of its recent past to establish a foundation for peace and security, the rule of law, and respect for human rights to prevail in the future.