Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- African Union: Military Attachés Association briefed on the humanitarian situation in DR Congo
- RD Congo - Nord-Kivu: Note d’informations humanitaires du 14/11/2018
- Elections on Track in Democratic Republic of Congo Despite Ongoing Ebola Outbreak, Continued Attacks by Armed Groups, Special Representative Tells Security Council
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.
Donor contributions are monetary donations provided by Governments and the private sector. This mechanism gives them the opportunity to pool their unearmarked contributions to a specific country. With these pooled donations, CBPFs offer rapid and flexible financing instruments to scale up humanitarian operations, increase humanitarian access, and strengthen our partnerships with local and international NGOs and UN agencies. This complements the overall humanitarian response based on affected people's needs identified under country-specific strategic response plans.
17 Aug 2012 - Ebola Haemorrhagic fever outbreak reported in the Isiro and Dungu Health Zones of Province Orientale. A total of 10 suspected cases (9 in Isiro and 1 in Dungu) and 6 deaths (5 deaths in Isiro and 1 in Dungu) have been reported.
(New York / Geneva / Kinshasa: 13 July 2010): An estimated 20,000 people have been displaced last week in the North Kivu Province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), as a result of armed conflict between the national army and the Ugandan armed opposition group Allied Democratic Forces (ADF).