Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- 155 enfants sont orphelins ou séparés de leurs parents suite à la dernière épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
Alison Raphael, OneWorld US
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 30 (OneWorld) - The peace agreements signed in January are unraveling fast in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), leaving 200 dead and some 150,000 Congolese with no alternative but flight so far this year, according to newly formed Congo Advocacy Coalition (CAC).
"The peace agreement has failed to silence the guns, and the people of eastern Congo continue to suffer and to run for their lives," said Juliette Prodhan, head of Oxfam Great Britain, a member of CAC.
"The parties to the agreement must urgently …
NEW YORK, Jan 25 (OneWorld) - More than 1,000 people continue to die every day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as a result of armed conflict fueled predominantly by the world's thirst for gold and diamonds.
In the past 10 years, according to a new study from the International Rescue Committee (IRC), at least 5.4 million Congolese have lost their lives because of the violence.
"The conflict and its aftermath, in terms of fatalities, surpass any other since World War II," said IRC president George Rupp.
By Alison Raphael
WASHINGTON, DC, Dec 17 (OneWorld) - Renewed fighting between army troops and rebel forces in the eastern province of North Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), is worsening displacement among civilians in the area and leading to forced recruitment of displaced people, including children, as fighters.
Antonio Guterres, head of the UN High Commission for Refugees, denounced this practice Sunday after touring refugee camps in North Kivu, where close to 20 per cent of the population has been displaced due to conflict.