Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- MSF expands care as Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- West and Central Africa: Regional Funding Status as of 16 of November 2018
- RD Congo - Situation Epidémiologique dans les Zones Affectées par la Maladie à Virus Ebola (MVE) - Nombre de Cas Cumulés jusqu'au 30 Octobre 2018
From April 2007, JEN started school sanitation projects in the South of Sudan funded by the Japan Platform.
After twenty years of civil war, the peace agreement in January 2005 granted the autonomy of the South Sudan. Consequently, 3.7 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) and 350 thousand refugees started to return to their place of origin.
Many refugees from Uganda and The Congo are returning to the State of Central Equatoria in the South Sudan. JEN has decided to start school sanitation projects in Terekeka and Lainya, two counties in that State especially in need.