Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 20 September 2018
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
- Top 5 things to know about the violence in the Kasai region
- IOM DR Congo Migration Health Division: Ebola Response - North Kivu Situation Report 3 (01 -15 September 2018)
Islamic Relief (IR) is one of 13 leading UK aid agencies appealing for funds to help ease the increasingly desperate plight of people affected by the recent upsurge of violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Launching the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) Congo (DR) Crisis Appeal, chief executive Brendan Gormley said while aid was getting through to those affected, a massive scale-up was required.
More than 250,000 people have been forced to flee their homes to escape the fighting in recent weeks, adding to more than one million already displaced as result of the …
Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is appealing for donations for those affected by the recent violence, which has left twenty two people dead and caused 13,000 to flee their homes.
The attacks, which began on May 12 2008, have involved armed mobs beating, raping, robbing and killing foreigners in the Alexandra Township.
The devastating volcano eruption in Congo last week (17th January 2002) destroyed approximately 30% of Goma and caused the displacement of tens of thousands of people. Many thousands of people are returning to Goma from Rwanda to find they have lost everything.