Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Briefing: Problems multiply in Congo’s Kasaï
- New measures and strong partnership having positive impact on Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- République Démocratique du Congo : Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire - octobre 2018 à mai 2019
- West and Central Africa: Regional Funding Status as of 16 of November 2018
- RD Congo - Sud-Kivu & Maniema : Note d’informations humanitaires du 12.11.2018
The belief that the promotion of peace, stability and democracy in Africa is of critical interest to the global community is a core principle of the Africa Program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (WWICS).
Nowhere is this more true than in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), a nation stretching over an area larger than Western Europe, bordering nine different countries, and now facing a unique opportunity to emerge from more than a decade of civil strife.
At the request of the international community and Congolese leaders, the Africa Program, in partnership …
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) lies at a crossroads. After a five-year civil war, and the resulting humanitarian crisis that has claimed as many as four million lives, government and rebel groups signed a peace agreement in 2003 in Sun City, South Africa that would begin a difficult and still fragile political transition. Recently, a new Constitution was approved overwhelmingly by public referendum, and the three-year political transition launched in Sun City is scheduled to conclude this June with the country's first national democratic elections since 1960.