Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- North Kivu, DRC: MSF scales up patient care activities amid growing tensions and decreased access to healthcare
- Three years on: Girls returning from conflict in DR Congo find acceptance through education
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 3: 12 - 18 January 2019; Data as reported by 17:00; 18 January 2019
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
RABAT, Sep.03 - A Moroccan member of the UN peacekeeping force in Congo was kidnapped Thursday, the ministry of foreign affairs and cooperation said in a release Friday.
Morocco is concerned over the kidnapping Thursday of a member of the Moroccan contingent taking part in the UN observation mission in RD Congo (MONUC), near the city of Bunia, Northeast, the release said.
The north African country voiced hope that action of the MONUC leadership and Congolese authorities will lead, in the best conditions and as soon as possible, to the release of the Moroccan serviceman.