Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- 155 enfants sont orphelins ou séparés de leurs parents suite à la dernière épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
1. Purpose, scope and rationale
ICAI has decided to conduct a review of DFID’s contribution to improving maternal health. It will be an impact review, as this is a mature area of UK aid programming for which there is a broad range of evidence about what works. It is also an area in which DFID has set itself ambitious targets and reported significant results.
The UK government has committed to spending 50% of DFID’s budget in fragile states and regions – many of which are affected by conflict. In these complex environments delivering effective and accountable aid is a significant challenge, but they are also the environments where needs are greatest.
The Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) has published a report today, ‘Assessing the Impact of the Scale-up of DFID’s Support to Fragile States’.
The Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) has published a report today on the Department for International Development (DFID)’s work through the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). ICAI has given the work a rating of Green-Amber.